I started this blog in an attempt to keep my writing alive, and in hopes it would help with my mental health. Years ago I loved writing. I found it so easy. I enjoyed it. Today I can’t remember where to put the right punctuation or even remember half the words that used to frequent my vocabulary.
But I guess that’s adolescence for you. I always believed that Reading and Writing were indulgences.
It’s 2017 and now I don’t only stir the pot (as a few of you know I like doing) I’m adding the ingredients too. So take a couple of minutes to have a think before you jump the gun and #voteno 🙄. I have included emojis for those who like pictures, and if some words are too big or complex for you I can provide you with a simplified version 😂 if you make it to the end you’ll see your comments really aren’t necessary or welcome. 🙅🏼
Irregardless of what I personally believe, every one (who isn’t strictly religious, because the bible and peaceful religious freedom yo) should be voting YES. Why?
1. How is gay people getting married going to actually affect you 🤔 I’m pretty sure there’s not going to be a whole lot different in your everyday lives just because two people you may not even know decide to get ‘married’.
2. That brings me to ‘marriage’. We live in the 21st century and the concept of marriage has changed. But you know ‘marriage is between a man and a woman…Adam and eve..god says…blah blah blah’. So tell me how you go to church every Sunday and how you were still a virgin until marriage. 💁🏼
3. Apparently for two people of the same sex to marry is unnatural. 👩❤️👩👨❤️👨 Hmmm? 🤔 so pumping chemicals and various drugs into our body’s is natural? The media influencing our children so that they want to act older, want to be ‘thinner’, want to be prettier is natural? Medical advances that enable us to live longer, so long in fact that our brains often can’t keep up is natural? Killing and murdering each other out of hate is natural? Killing the planet is natural? Yeah k. 🌏🔫💊
4. If the law to approve gay marriage doesn’t pass guess what? It’s not going away. ⚓️ The people who want it legalised will not stop. So it might be legalised this year or maybe in 5 or 10 years, but bet your bottom dollar it will be legalised eventually. So if you vote no, you’re just wasting all our money. 💸
5. You don’t know any gay people? Chances are you do, and your very vocal ignorant comments and lack of adequate human empathy has made them put off ‘coming out’, perhaps even lying to themselves about their actual sexual orientation. 💬
6. Being married might increase their chances of adopting children 👩👩👧👨👨👧🤷♀️. An abomination you say? Those kids are better being raised by two dads or two mums than an ignorant fuck like you. 😇
7. When you post that selfie for ‘R U OK? Day’ or for suicide awareness just remember that you might have contributed to some of those suicides by voting no. Voting no takes Australia a step back. It increases and encourages the hate towards this minority. A minority whose suicide rates are already higher than those of people who identify as straight. 💟
‘But Elle, people are allowed to have their own opinions’. 👍🏻 They most certainly are! But as an Australian adult you have a right to vote.🙋🏼♂️🙋🏼 The right to vote for what you think is best for the country. 🇦🇺🇦🇺 If you think spending all that money (our hard earned money!) on something as trivial as this is worth it (see point 4) then you probably need a good look at yourself and the world.🖕🏻There are bigger issues in the world and even our country that our attention should be focused on. 🔎
So please excuse me for being a little annoyed that your disapproval of people a little different from yourself is wasting money that could be spent on education, health care, establishing sustainable resources, fixing roads, helping the homeless, research, national security, or even being used overseas to fight Islamic extremists.
😒😒 Oh and forgive me for not wanting my tax to fund this for the next however many years.
So don’t be a dick bro, and save us all the hassle. Be a proper adult and think about the entire country and not just your homophobic self.
I did not chose the Tall life the Tall life chose me. Do I wish I was shorter? Not really, maybe just an inch or two.
Here I have compiled a list of my favourite sites to shop at for all those Tall gals out there.
One thing I have learned about this thing called Adulthood is that life gets busy. We lose touch with friends that we talked to every day at school and rearrange our priorities.
In my mind I am still a teenager, so it’s fair to say that at almost 23 I have still got no idea what the hell I am doing. I am hoping this will make for some interesting content and posts.
I feel like I’m still in the awkward stage of figuring out who I am, but I’ve been like this for years, so maybe this is just who I am.
I like metal music but I also like country. I’m a bit of a party girl, a little bit wild but at the same time I can be quite conservative and proper. I’m always teetering on the edge of holding it all together and saying fuck it and letting it all go. I can be a fitness freak and I can be a fat slob.
I’m stuck between the clothes categories of Tall, Plus Size and Regular.
At the current point in time I have just started Duromine to try and lose some weight and I have just deferred from University indefinitely. Let’s start this journey.